6 Reasons To Make You Think Twice To Putting Off Your Gutter Cleaning
- Roof shingles that come in contact with water in your clogged gutters will deteriorate sooner than the rest of your roof. Then the roof deck becomes damaged. If undetected, insulation gets wet and water gets into your home. You end up with water damage in your ceilings and walls.
- 87% of all mold starts in the gutters. Cracks in the home exterior (fascia, soffit, siding, stucco, etc.) allow water inside, which is another way your home can sustain water damage and fueling the spread of allergens.
- Whether you have a crawl space, slab or basement, overflowing gutters eventually damage your home’s foundation causing foundation shift, cracks and buckling. Standing water can deteriorate structural piers in a home in a crawl space.
- Farmer’s Almanac is expecting more ice and snow this year. Ice dams in the gutter are heavy causing harm to the homes’ gutter system pulling away from the roof causing extensive damage.
- More than 500,000 people visit the ER for ladder fall injuries and 300 prove fatal.
- Standing water is a breeding ground for mosquitos and other pests. Rodents may find the water, and critters that eat mosquitos will be drawn to your home.